Monday, September 15, 2014
The Tale of Two Restrooms
Since we started Kindergarten we have become obsessed with public restrooms. They are wonderful and fascinating and we just looove any chance we can get to discuss boys...girls...and where everyone's appropriate place is. Of course this means that daddy gets to be reminded that he goes to the boys restroom and mommy and Emily should always go to the girls restroom. Daddy is a boy...Emily is a girl...etc. Emily has even provided a nice system of separation at home. The only problem is, daddy doesn't seem to follow his restroom assignments - he keeps using the master bathroom (aka: the girls restroom).
For me, her obsession only became more apparent today as I opened her daily folder. Inside I found a picture that Emily was very proud to tell me everything about...
Emily: "It's a restroom! There's boys and girls"...(insert light chuckle here)
Of course what I love is if you look close enough, you can see what I imagine is someone running to go potty (I suppose no "restroom" picture would be complete without it); and her excitement for the world of public restrooms is only stronger with her new found knowledge of how to spell and write "Boys" (hence the proud usage of "boy" in the upper right corner). We now write it all. the. time.
The really great news is now mom and dad get to visit public restrooms even more than before. It's okay if you find yourself a little jealous.
____________________________
In other news, I was informed today that a certain someone is going to get to join one of the class reading groups.
I can't tell you how much we've loved seeing her eyes light up as her love for letters and words has been rekindled. This year is going to be a blast to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment